ARTICLE 1. APPLICABILITY
ARTICLE 2. DEFINITIONS
1. User(s) and/or Customer(s): Means any natural or legal person using the Services offered by THE COMPANY, for which either such services are offered free of charge or not.
2. Personal Information: Means any name or number that can be used by itself, or together with other information, to identify a specific individual, including, but not limited to:
Name and surname;
City and State;
Any other information that can be used to identify, physically or electronically, an individual.
3. Anonymous Information: Means any information collected using the services offered by THE COMPANY which cannot be attributed to a specific person, and its analysis is not tied to the identification of a specific person.
4. Public Information: Means any personal information clients publish that is not related to the procurement of services provided by THE COMPANY.
5. Cookie: Means a piece of information which is stored in the user's Internet browser so that the services provided by THE COMPANY can remember user’s activity and/or credentials.
6. External websites: Means any website not owned by THE COMPANY nor operated by THE COMPANY to provide services.
7. Security System Breach: Means any situation in which it is detected that an unauthorized person has gained access to data files where personal information is stored, compromising in such way the security, confidentiality or integrity of personal information. For a Security System Breach to be established, the personal information of users must not be protected by a cryptographic key beyond a user access password.
ARTICLE 3. TYPES OF SERVICES
THE COMPANY offers a variety of Services through various websites, portals, web applications, software and/or mobile applications, among others, which for purposes of this policy are categorized in two ways:
1. Services that do not require registration: Those services that do not require users to enter their personal information to be used.
2. Services that require registration: Those services provided by THE COMPANY which require users to enter their personal information to be used.
ARTICLE 4. COLLECTION OF ANONYMOUS INFORMATION
THE COMPANY collects anonymous information of the Services it provides. Anonymous information collected is used to analyze trends, management, tracking, and to gather geographic information. The collection and analysis of anonymous information by THE COMPANY is not linked to a specific user and cannot be used to identify a specific person.
THE COMPANY, from time to time, can share anonymous information with third parties for the purpose of trend analysis and marketing.
ARTICLE 5. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
THE COMPANY users wishing to use Services that require registration must register on the platform on which such Services are offered and/or provided in order to use them. Depending on the type of Services, the user must enter personal information in order to obtain such Services.
THE COMPANY uses various methods of registration for the different Services it provides. No matter which method of registration is used, all personal information of the user is maintained in a database or databases.
THE COMPANY uses the username to identify which Services a client has access to. The username of a client can be shared with multiple systems that comprise the Services provided by THE COMPANY.
ARTICLE 6. COOKIES
ARTICLE 7. COMMUNICATION BY EMAIL
Users can communicate with THE COMPANY by email. Communication by email is not secure and can be intercepted by third parties without authorization. THE COMPANY does not discourage the use of emails, but acknowledges that emails are susceptible to interception.
From time to time THE COMPANY will use the names of users and/or their email addresses to send promotional material. If a user does not wish to receive promotional communication, the user must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting to be removed from the mailing list.
ARTICLE 8. PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR SPECIFIC USES
THE COMPANY uses third parties to provide specific services such as customer management. These companies may have access to personal information and financial information of users to carry out their duties.
THE COMPANY has alliances with service providers in order to provide its Services. When users subscribe and/or acquired Services, THE COMPANY may share personal information about users that is necessary to enable service providers to fulfill their functions.
ARTICLE 9. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION RELATED TO COMPANIES WITH WHOM WE SHARE INFORMATION
THE COMPANY uses the services of different companies to process and manage the information provided by its customers, and to offer their own Services. THE COMPANY believes that the contractual relationship with the aforementioned companies, and processes implemented to process and manage information provided by its users, are trade secrets and industrial secrets protected by the Laws of the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
In order to protect its assets, trade secrets and industrial secrets, THE COMPANY does not disclose the companies with which it has contractual relations to process and manage information from its clients as well as companies that offer products and services to THE COMPANY. In the event a user needs to know the name of the companies with whom THE COMPANY shares information, the user must send an email to email@example.com with a formal request and the reasons why the user needs such information. After received this request, our legal department will contact the user for further instructions.
ARTICLE 10. LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES
The Services provided by THE COMPANY may contain links to external websites not owned or controlled by THE COMPANY. THE COMPANY is not responsible for the privacy or the security of personal information, or public information that users disclose on external websites to which THE COMPANY provides links. THE COMPANY is not responsible for the security and privacy practices on external websites.
ARTICLE 11. INFORMATION SECURITY
THE COMPANY encrypts communication between its Services and its clients, provided that during that communication THE COMPANY is collecting personal information of users. THE COMPANY encrypts communication in its various Services using encryption protocol Transport Layer Security (TLS) and/or Secure Socket Layer (SSL). THE COMPANY also encrypts personal information stored on its database, but maintains unencrypted personal information to facilitated the proper use of Services.
For more information about how THE COMPANY manages data security, users can write an email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
ARTICLE 12. CHANGES, CORRECTIONS AND UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
THE COMPANY provides users the ability to make changes, corrections or updates to their personal information within the Services provided by THE COMPANY.
ARTICLE 13. PROTECTION OF MINORS
The Services provided by THE COMPANY are not generally designed for users of less than 21 years old. THE COMPANY does not intentionally collect information of minors.
ARTICLE 14. DISCLOSURE FOR INVESTIGATIVE PURPOSES
THE COMPANY may disclose personal information, anonymous information or public information when such disclosure is required by a Court Order. THE COMPANY may disclose any information of its users when doing it is done in good faith to prevent the commission of crimes, avoid excessive or illegal use of Services, protect rights and property of THE COMPANY, to ensure that the contractual clauses between THE COMPANY and its users are satisfied, or when it is understood that there is a danger that threatens the life or safety of a person.
ARTICLE 15. LIMITED USE
ARTICLE 17. APPLICABLE LAWS TO RESIDENTS OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF PUERTO RICO
-- Revised on March 14, 2017.